In 1992, the biggest corporation in America was General Motors, with sales of $133 billion and assets of $191 billion.
In second place was Exxon, with sales of $104 billion and assets of $85 billion.
- When did the first labor strike in the United States take place? The first labor strike in the United States took place in 1776, in New York, when members of the Journeymen Printers Union struck against their local shops.
- What makes up the GNP (Gross National Product) of the U.S.? Reported quarterly, the GNP (Gross National Product) of the U.S. represents the total market value of American goods and services bought for final use during a one-year period. Considered the most comprehensive measure…
- When was Medicare established in the United States? Federally funded health insurance for the disabled and those over 65 called Medicare was part of the Social Security Amendments of 1965. The Amendments also saw the beginning of Medicaid.
- When did J. P. Morgan organize the U.S. Steel Corporation? In 1901, John Pierpont Morgan financed the merger that resulted in the formation of U.S. Steel, the first billion-dollar company.
- When did Henry Ford found the Ford Motor Company? Henry Ford found the Ford Motor Company in 1903 in Detroit, Michigan.