The 1984 film Red Dawn, directed by John Milius, takes top honors for the most violent film on record.
It contains 134 acts of violence per hour, or 2.23 per minute.
- How old was Greta Garbo when she retired from the movie business? She was thirty-six when she retired, after making Two-Faced Woman in 1941. She never explained why she retired. She lived on Manhattan's Upper East Side until her death in April 1990.
- How slow is a crab? A crab of the species Neptunus pelagines took 29 years to walk 101.5 miles underwater from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean, an average speed of 3.5 miles per year.
- Where inside a whale can you find ambergris? The valuable substance is found in the stomach of a sperm whale. In the East, the soft, black ambergris is dried and used as a spice; in the West, it is used as…
- Who are the state chemists and state electricians and what do they do? State chemists are the executioners who kill condemned prisoners by lethal injection. State electricians perform executions by means of the electric chair.
- What does the ZIP in ZIP code stand for? The zip code was named for the national Zoning Improvement Plan.
- Which female figure skater has won the greatest number of Olympic gold medals? Sonja Henie (1912-1969) of Norway, who won the gold medal in 1928, 1932, and 1936, won the most number of Olympic gold medals. Between 1927 and 1936, she also won 10 world figure-skating…