Margo Channing was the name of Bette Davis’s character in All About Eve (1950).
Anne Baxter played her young fan and rival Eve Harrington.
- What does auld lang sync mean? In Scottish auld lang sync literally means "old long ago."
- Where are Panama hats made? Panama hats have always been made in Ecuador, where their manufacture helps to support the economy. They were once distributed through Panama.
- In what movie does Greta Garbo say, “I want to be alone” and to whom does she say it? In Grand Hotel (1932), to John Barrymore, Greta Garbo says, "I want to be alone".
- Who said, “The problems of the world are not my department. I’m a saloon keeper”? Rick (Humphrey Bogart) in Casablanca (1942) said, "The problems of the world are not my department. I'm a saloon keeper".
- Who introduced the use of “subjective sound”, a voice-over showing what a character is thinking? Director Rouben Mamoulian in City Streets (1931) introduced the use of "subjective sound", a voice-over showing what a character is thinking. While Sylvia Sidney lay alone in bed, she "remembered" what Gary Cooper…
- How old was Michael Jackson when the Jackson 5 released its first song? Michael Joe Jackson, born August 29, 1958, was eleven when "I Want You Back" was released in November 1969 and sold 2 million copies in its first six weeks.