“The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet,” which ran for fourteen seasons (1952-66) on ABC, was the longest-running sitcom on TV.
- Who played Mork and Mindy’s baby on the TV show “Mork & Mindy” (ABC, 1978-82)? Jonathan Winters, who hatched from an egg sprouted from Mork's navel in 1981, played Mork and Mindy's baby on the TV show "Mork & Mindy" (ABC, 1978-82).
- What was the longest-running prime-time TV game show? "What's My Line?" was the longest-running prime-time TV game show. It ran seventeen years from 1950 to 1967 on CBS.
- What is the longest-running daytime TV drama? "Search for Tomorrow" (CBS, 1951-1982; NBC 1982-1987) was the longest-running daytime TV drama. However, "The Guiding Light" is the longest daytime drama to run on both radio and TV. It began its run…
- How long was Walter Cronkite a television anchorman for CBS? Walter Cronkite anchored "The CBS Evening News" from April 16, 1962, to March 6, 1981.
- Which came first, Betamax or VHS? Sony introduced the Betamax (or Beta) videocassette recorder in 1975. In 1976, JVC (the Victor Company of Japan) introduced the competing VHS system. By the end of the 1980s, VHS had pushed Beta…
- What was Sam Shepard’s first play? Sam Shepard's first play was The Tooth of Crime (1973). His later plays include Buried Child (1979) and True West (1980).