The name of the man who played El Exigente in Savarin Coffee commercials in the 1960s and 1970s was Carlos Montalban, brother of actor Ricardo Montalban.
Born in 1904, he died in 1991.
- Who asked, “Where’s the beef?” in what commercial? Clara Peller asked, "Where's the beef?" for Wendy's, and Walter Mondale asked it in the 1984 presidential campaign.
- Who played the boy who befriends the rat in Ben (1972)? Lee Harcourt Montgomery played Danny Garrison, a boy with a heart condition and a friend of Ben in the movie Ben (1972).
- Who played Josephine the Plumber and what did she advertise? Jane Withers was Josephine the Plumber, who sang the praises of Comet Cleanser in the 1960s.
- What were some of the “critters” Elly May had on the TV series”The Beverly Hillbillies” (CBS, 1962-71)? Some of the "critters" Elly May (Donna Douglas) had on the TV series "The Beverly Hillbillies" (CBS, 1962-71) included a bear, a pigeon, a rooster, a cat, a dog, a skunk, and a…
- What company’s products did Henry Fonda endorse on TV? Henry Fonda endorsed GAF on TV. Robert Young endorsed Sanka. Andy Griffith endorsed Maxwell House.
- When did Old Gold cigarette packs start dancing in TV commercials? Old Gold cigarette packs started dancing in TV commercials in 1950, in a spot called "Dancing Butts." Women wearing huge Old Gold packages did the dancing.