The prop budget for “Captain Video” (Du-Mont, 1949-55) was twenty-five dollars per week, which covered items like Video Decoder Rings and Astra-Viewers.
- How many feet of film does one second of screen time take up? Each second of screen time, projected at the normal sound speed of 24 frames per second, takes up 1.5 feet of 35-millimeter film. A two-hour movie uses 10,800 feet of film, or a…
- How long has the TV game show “Wheel of Fortune” been on the air? The syndicated TV program "Wheel of Fortune" with Pat Sajak and Vanna White has been on the air since September, 1983.
- Whom did author Margaret Mitchell suggest to MGM to play Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind (1939)? Groucho Marx was suggested to MGM to play Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind, but only in jest.
- How many movies did Boris Karloff make with Abbott and Costello? Boris Karloff made two with Abbott and Costello: Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer, Boris Karloff (1949), and Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1953). Karloff did not appear in…
- Who took the lead parts in The King and I (1956)? Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner had the lead parts in The King and I (1956). Brynner won an Oscar.
- Who were The Harvey Girls (1946)? The Harvey Girls were waitresses in restaurants at railroad stations throughout the newly developing West. They were played by Judy Garland, Angela Lansbury, and Cyd Charisse.