James Joyce married Nora Barnacle in 1931, just ten years before his death.
They had lived together since 1904.
- How long was novelist and critic Rebecca West (1892-1983) the lover of H. G. Wells? After Rebecca West's review of H. G. Wells's book, Marriage, in 1912, they met and began their ten-year relationship. Their son, Anthony West, born in 1914, became a novelist and critic in his…
- What was the name of the daughter of Rhett Butler and Scarlett O’Hara in Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With the Wind (1936)? The name of the daughter of Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara in Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind was Bonnie Blue Butler. She is killed at an early age in a riding accident.
- What book about the Holy Grail quest did T. S. Eliot draw upon in his poem, The Waste Land (1922)? Jessie L. Weston's From Ritual to Romance (1920) was the book about the Holy Grail quest that T. S. Eliot drew upon in his poem, The Waste Land.
- When did critic and writer C. S. Lewis marry Joy Davidman? C. S. Lewis married Joy Davidman in 1956. She died of cancer in 1960, three years before Lewis's own death in 1963. Their story is told in Lewis's A Grief Observed (1961).
- How many times was Ernest Hemingway married? Ernest Hemingway was married four times.
- How many times was Henry Miller married? Henry Miller was married four times.