When was Tavern on the Green in Central Park built?

Tavern-on-the-Green in Central Park was built in 1870, not as a restaurant but to house sheep and their shepherd and his family.

In 1934, the sheep were moved to Prospect Park in Brooklyn and the building was converted to a restaurant.

Glass pavilions were added to the original brick structure from 1975 to 1976.

Leave a Comment