In descending order, the top five are:
1. New Jersey. 96
2. New York. 63
3. Pennsylvania. 61
4. Michigan. 58
5. California. 48
- Who was sentenced to death at the Nuremberg war crimes trial? On October 1, 1946, in Nuremberg, 12 of the original 24 defendants were condemned to death by hanging. They were: Hermann Goring, Joachim Ribbentrop, Field Marshal General Wilhelm Keitel, Ernest Kaltenbrunner, Dr. Albert…
- Who created the phrase “a thousand points of light”? Peggy Noonan created the phrase "a thousand points of light", in a speech she wrote for presidential nominee George Bush at the 1988 Republican Convention.
- When is Bloomsday? Bloomsday, the date on which James Joyce's Ulysses (1922) is set, is June 16, 1904.
- What was the first full-scale collaboration between George and Ira Gershwin? The first collaboration between George and Ira Gershwin was the Broadway musical Lady Be Good in 1924. It included the songs "Fascinating Rhythm" and "Oh Lady, Be Good."
- Who were the Hollywood Ten? They were a group of Hollywood writers and artists who were blacklisted after their appearances before the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) in 1947 and 1948. HUAC was set up to investigate "the…
- Who were the first players inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame? The first group, inducted in the 1936 Baseball Hall of Fame, consisted of Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson, Babe Ruth, and Honus Wagner. Tyrus Raymond Cobb (1886-1961), "the Georgia Peach," had played…