Lady Windermere’s Fan (1892) by Oscar Wilde includes the statement “I can resist everything except temptation”.
- What author said of what work, “I have protracted my work til most of those whom I wished to please have sunk into the grave, and success and miscarriage are empty sounds: I therefore dismiss it with frigid tranquility, having little to fear or hope from censure or from praise”?
- Which movie received the most Oscar nominations?
- Which part of the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C., is the work of architect I. M. Pei?
- Which work of Franz Kafka’s prefigures his story “The Metamorphosis” (1916)?
- Who was the youngest person to win an Oscar and for what film?