In 1990, the U.S. zoos with highest attendance were:
1. Lincoln Park Zoo, Chicago, Illinois
2. San Diego Zoo, California
3. National Zoo, Washington, D.C.
4. Busch Gardens, Tampa, Florida
5. St. Louis Zoo, Missouri
- What was the first movie shown in the White House? D. W. Griffith's Birth of a Nation in 1916 was the first movie shown in the White House. Woodrow Wilson was president at the time.
- Where did Charles Lindbergh begin his flight across the Atlantic Ocean? Charles Lindbergh launched The Spirit of St. Louis from Roosevelt Field, Long Island, on May 20, 1927, becoming the first person to fly solo across the Atlantic. He landed at Le Bourget Field…
- How old was Margaret Fuller when she became editor of the Dial? The feminist writer Margaret Fuller was 30 when Ralph Waldo Emerson asked her to edit his Transcendentalist periodical in 1840. During her life she also worked as the foreign correspondent for the New…
- In an average year, how many Americans are audited by the IRS? In 1980, the Internal Revenue Service audited 1,528,927 returns, 1.9 percent of all returns submitted. The IRS claimed in 1980 it spends $4.40 for every $1,000 it collects from taxpayers.
- Who took the lead parts in The King and I (1956)? Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner had the lead parts in The King and I (1956). Brynner won an Oscar.
- Who was the most nominated actor who never won an Oscar? Richard Burton (1925-1984) was the most nominated actor who never won an Oscar. He was nominated for an Oscar six times.