Irene Dunne played Anna in Anna and the King of Siam and Rex Harrison played the king.
It was Harrison’s Hollywood debut.
In real life, Anna’s last name was Leonowens. In the movie, her name was Anna L. Owens.
- What is Nirvana and where is Valhalla? Nirvana is not a place but a state of bliss to which Buddhists aspire. In Sanskrit it means the "going out" of a light. Early Buddhists used the word to describe the extinction…
- What was the real name of Ish Kabibble? Ish Kabibble's real name was Merwyn A. Bogue. As "Ish," the man with the Moe Howard haircut, he did comedy with Kay Kyser and appeared in such Kyser vehicles as Carolina Blues (1944).
- Which actor did Raymond Chandler think gave the best performance as Detective Philip Marlowe? Raymond Chandler thought Dick Powell, in Murder, My Sweet (1945), gave the best performance as Detective Philip Marlowe.
- Did Samuel Goldwyn say, “The next time I send a damn fool for something, I go myself”? Director Michael Curtiz said "The next time I send a damn fool for something, I go myself" in disgust at a building prop person.
- Was there ever a movie adaptation of Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World? There was never a theatrical movie version of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, but there was a 1980 TV movie starring Keir Dullea, Bud Cort, Julie Cobb, and Ron O'Neal.
- When was the first movie pie fight? The first movie pie fight was in 1913, for a Keystone Studio comedy. Mabel Normand tossed a workman's lemon meringue pie at Ben Turpin to get him to laugh. He did; Mack Sennett…