Statesman Henry Clay (1777-1852) said, “I would rather be right than be president”.
- According to Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910), what is art?
- Why did anthropologist Margaret Mead (1901-78) choose to study Samoa?
- Whom was Fatty Arbuckle accused of killing?
- Does W. C. Fields’s gravestone read, “On the whole, I’d rather be in Philadelphia”?
- In what election did a politician profess to regret “the necessity, real or imaginary, which has been supposed to exist, of appealing to the feelings and passions of our countrymen, rather than to their reasons and their judgments”?
- Which U.S. president said, “Fluency in English is something that I’m not often accused of”?