Lauren Bacall sang for Lauren Bacall in To Have and Have Not (1944).
Andy Williams was hired to dub her voice, but Bacall’s voice was used after all.
- In how many movies did Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, and Sydney Greenstreet star together? Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, and Sydney Greenstreet star together in two movies, The Maltese Falcon (1941) and Across the Pacific (1942). Both were directed by John Huston.
- How many times had Humphrey Bogart been married when he met Lauren Bacall? Before he met Bette Joan Perske (aka Lauren Bacall), he had been married three times: first, to Helen Menken, then to Mary Philips, both actresses. These marriages had ended in divorce. When he…
- What was the name of the pajama company in The Pajama Game (1957)? Sleeptite Pajamas in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, was the name of the pajama company in The Pajama Game (1957).
- What musical work plays during the space ballet in 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)? Blue Danube Waltz by Johann Strauss was the piece that plays during the space ballet in 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968).
- Who was the youngest actor or actress to win an Oscar in a standard category? Ten-year-old Tatum O'Neal won an Oscar in 1973, for Best Supporting Actress in Peter Bogdanovich's Paper Moon.
- Which of Marilyn Monroe’s marriages lasted the longest? The Hollywood screen goddess Marilyn Monroe (1926-62) was married three times: to aircraft plant worker James Dougherty, baseball hero Joe DiMaggio, and playwright Arthur Miller. The marriage to Miller lasted the longest, nearly…