Pulitzer Prize judges and trustees were divided so sharply over Thomas Pynchon’s novel Gravity’s Rainbow that for only the seventh time in Pulitzer history no award was given.
- Who was the first woman to win the Pulitzer Prize for fiction?
- When was the Pulitzer Prize for general non-fiction established?
- Who was the first woman to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature?
- Which American writers have been awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature?
- Who has been awarded the O. Henry Prize for short stories more times than any other writer?