Natty Bumppo’s Indian sidekick was Chingachgook.
He appears in Cooper’s The Deer-slayer (1841), The Last of the Mohicans (1826), The Pathfinder (1840), and The Pioneers (1823).
- What actors preceded Warren Beatty in the role of Dick Tracy (1990)? Ralph Byrd played the part in the Republic (and later RKO) series beginning with Dick Tracy (1937). Morgan Conway played the police detective in two RKO films, beginning with Dick Tracy (1945).
- Where does the word “video” come from? The word "video" comes from the Latin word for "I see."
- What part does country singer Randy Travis play in Young Guns (1988)? Country singer Randy Travis is a ring member in Young Guns (1988).
- How long has the TV game show “Wheel of Fortune” been on the air? The syndicated TV program "Wheel of Fortune" with Pat Sajak and Vanna White has been on the air since September, 1983.
- What is the oldest town founded in America by Europeans? St. Augustine, Florida, which was settled by Spain in 1565, is the oldest town founded in America by Europeans.
- Who was the Jenkins behind the War of Jenkins’s Ear? Robert Jenkins was a British sailor smuggling slaves to the Spanish colonies in defiance of the Spanish trade monopoly. A Spanish captain caught Jenkins and cut off one of his ears. Jenkins was…