John Sparkman in 1952 and Estes Kefauver in 1956, were Adlai Stevenson’s running mates in the 1952 and 1956 elections.
Stevenson lost both times to Dwight Eisenhower and his running mate Richard Nixon.
- What ironclad ship fought the Monitor during the Civil War? The Merrimac was not the ironclad ship fought the Monitor during the Civil War. The Union ship Merrimac had been renamed the Virginia by the Confederates. The Virginia fought the Union ironclad Monitor…
- Does a millipede really have 1000 legs? No, the number of legs varies. The greatest number reported on a centipede is 171 to 177 pairs of legs; on a millipede, 375.
- Which came first, Omoo or Typee? Melville's novels of the South Seas were published in this order: Typee in 1846, Omoo in 1847
- How did Puerto Rico become an American possession? The United States took over the island of Puerto Rico from Spain in 1898 as a result of the Spanish-American War. Since 1917, Puerto Ricans have been considered U.S. citizens. Since 1952, the…
- How many times have the major political parties held their national conventions in Los Angeles? The major political parties held their national conventions in Los Angeles only once. The Democratic Party nominated John F. Kennedy in Los Angeles in July 1960.
- How many episodes of the TV series “The Honeymooners” were broadcast? Thirty-nine episodes of the TV series "The Honeymooners" were broadcast, from 1955 to 1956, also on CBS.