Frank Stockton wrote the story “The Lady or the Tiger?” in 1882.
- What was the last work of Herman Melville published in his lifetime? The satire of America, called The Confidence Man, was the last work of Herman Melville published in his lifetime. It was published in 1857 to little public notice. Melville died in 1891.
- Who was Robin in Robin and the Seven Hoods (1964)? Robbo, the character "inspired" by Robin Hood, was played by Frank Sinatra. Among the hoods were Dean Martin as Little John and Sammy Davis, Jr., as Will.
- Who was Simon Legree and where did he come from? The archetypal villain Simon Legree first appeared in Harriet Beecher Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin (1852) as the brutal degenerate who flogs Tom to death.
- What is Mrs. Dalloway’s first name? The title character of the 1925 novel Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf is named Clarissa.
- What colors make up a rainbow? The colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet make up a rainbow.