Nielsen Media Services reported in 1990-91 that the average American (older than one year) watches 28 hours 13 minutes of television per week, about four hours per day.
- How many directing Oscars did Alfred Hitchcock win? Alfred Hitchcock did not win any directing Oscars.
- Why was the 1981 Oscar telecast delayed one day? The 1981 Oscar telecast was delayed for one day because on March 30, the day of the telecast, President Ronald Reagan was shot by John Hinckley, Jr.
- How far can a U.S. Army Pershing missile travel? The 34.5-foot, 10,000-pound surface-to-surface Pershing missile has a range of approximately 400 miles.
- What is the name of Bette Davis’s character in All About Eve (1950)? Margo Channing was the name of Bette Davis's character in All About Eve (1950). Anne Baxter played her young fan and rival Eve Harrington.
- What percentage of American households have a TV set? In 1992, 98 percent of U.S. households had a TV set. Sixty-five percent had two or more. Seventy-seven percent had videocassette recorders.
- How much credit card debt does the average American owe? The average credit card holder in the U.S. owes $2,317 on credit cards, according to the Nilson Report, Santa Monica, California. About 60 percent of American adults own at least one credit card.