Broadway’s all-time longest-running show was A Chorus Line.
It ran 6,137 performances from 1975 to 1990.
Its nearest competitor is Oh! Calcutta! with 5,959 performances between 1976 and 1989.
- What was the longest-running prime-time TV game show? "What's My Line?" was the longest-running prime-time TV game show. It ran seventeen years from 1950 to 1967 on CBS.
- What is the longest-running national television series? NBC's "Meet the Press" has been running since November 20, 1947 and is the longest-running national television series. It celebrated its 40th anniversary in 1987.
- What was the longest-running sitcom on TV? "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet," which ran for fourteen seasons (1952-66) on ABC, was the longest-running sitcom on TV.
- What is the longest-running daytime TV drama? "Search for Tomorrow" (CBS, 1951-1982; NBC 1982-1987) was the longest-running daytime TV drama. However, "The Guiding Light" is the longest daytime drama to run on both radio…
- What is the longest-running performance in daytime TV drama history? Mary Stuart as Joanne Barron and Larry Haines as Stu Bergman, both on "Search for Tomorrow" (CBS, 1951-82; NBC, 1982-1987), is the longest-running performance in daytime TV…
- What is the longest-running play in theater history? The longest-running play in theater history is The Mousetrap (1952) by Agatha Christie, which has never closed on the British stage. It was adapted from one of…