The cover of the final issue of Life magazine, December 29, 1972, features “The Year in Pictures 1972” in block letters.
Life had been in publication for 36 years, beginning November 23, 1936.
- How many times did Raymond Massey play Abraham Lincoln? Raymond Massey played Abraham Lincoln twice. In Abe Lincoln in Illinois (1940) and in How the West Was Won (1962).
- What was Little Sheba? Little Sheba was the name of Lola Delaney's (Shirley Booth's) dog in Come Back, Little Sheba (1952).
- What are the formal names for groups of bears, cats, crows, gnats, kangaroos, peacocks, and swine? A sleuth or sloth of bears A clutter or chowder of cats A murder of crows A cloud or horde of gnats A troop of kangaroos A muster or ostentation of peacocks A…
- Where was gladiator film star Steve Reeves born? Steve Reeves was born in Glasgow, Montana, in 1926. The bodybuilding champion became famous in Italian mythological epics beginning with Hercules (aka Le Fatiche di Ercole) in 1957.
- Where is Xanadu, Charles Foster Kane’s estate in Citizen Kane (1941)? Charles Foster Kane's estate in Citizen Kane, Xanadu, was on the Gulf Coast of Florida. The estate of William Randolph Hearst, on whom Kane was based, is located in San Simeon, California.
- Where was Bountiful in A Trip to Bountiful (1985)? Bountiful in A Trip to Bountiful (1985) was in Texas. It was the hometown to which Mrs. Watts (Geraldine Page) wanted to return before she died.