In Sophocles’ tragedy Oedipus at Colonus (c. 406 B.C.), the blinded Oedipus wanders by accident into the sacred grove of the furies at Colonus in Attica, about a mile northwest of Athens.
- What was Universal Studios mogul Carl Laemmle doing before he got into movies?
- What was Ulysses S. Grant doing when the Civil War broke out?
- What was Richard Henry Dana doing before he shipped out as a sailor in the voyage recounted in Two Years Before the Mast (1840)?
- How many French and Indian Wars were there and what were they called in England?
- How many dogs and cats are there in the United States?