Ohio-born writer Earl Derr Biggers invented the portly Honolulu detective Charlie Chan.
The first book about Chan was The House Without a Key (1925).
- Who was Joe Friday’s partner in “Dragnet” when the TV series was revived in 1967? Bill Gannon, played by Harry Morgan, was Joe Friday's partner in the TV series "Dragnet" (NBC, 1952-59, 1967-70) when the TV series was revived in 1967. Jack Webb played Sergeant Joe Friday. Friday's…
- In the comic strip “Peanuts,” what is Linus and Lucy’s last name? Linus and Lucy's last name was Van Pelt.
- Who played The Merry Widow (1925) and whose widow was she? Mae Murray played the title role in The Merry Widow (1925) directed by Erich von Stroheim. Her character, Sally O'Hara, was the widow of Baron Sadoja (Tully Marshall).
- Who played Hymie the Robot on the TV series “Get Smart” (NBC, CBS, 1965-70)? Dick Gautier played Hymie the Robot on "Get Smart" (NBC, CBS, 1965-70). He later played Robin Hood on "When Things Were Rotten" (ABC, 1975).
- Did Bob Dylan ever meet Woody Guthrie? Yes, Bob Dylan did indeed meet Woody Guthrie, albeit when Guthrie was in his last years. Born Robert Zimmerman in 1941 in Duluth, Minnesota, young folksinger Bob Dylan hitchhiked to New York in…
- What were the names of the Bobbsey Twins? There were two sets of twins: Bert and Nan and their younger siblings, Freddie and Flossie. The series about them began with The Bobbsey Twins (1904) by Laura Lee Hope.