The 34.5-foot, 10,000-pound surface-to-surface Pershing missile has a range of approximately 400 miles.
- How many members of the U.S. military are on active duty? As of 1988, 764,247 members of the U.S. military were on active duty.
- How hot is the sun? At its surface, the sun is about 7,640 degrees Fahrenheit. In other words, very hot. In the sun's interior, temperatures can range above 18 million degrees Fahrenheit.
- How long did the Chinese Exclusion Act last in the U.S.? The 1882 law, the Chinese Exclusion Act, which was enacted to preserve jobs for native-born Americans, suspended Chinese immigration to the U.S. for ten years. Renewed from time to time in the 20th…
- How fast can a turkey run? The wild turkey is the breed indigenous to the United States. It weighs 50 to 60 pounds, has strong legs, and can run from 15 to 20 miles per hour when scared.
- How fast can a snake move? The black mamba of southern Africa moves fast. It has been said to move 25 to 30 miles per hour while chasing a man on horseback.
- What is a shogun in Japan? The shoguns were the de facto rulers of Japan from 1192 to 1867. Originally military commanders, they exercised real power, while the emperor retained formal sovereignty. The name is an abbreviation of seii-tai-shogun,…