Charlotte Bronte’s close friend, novelist Elizabeth Gaskell wrote The Life of Charlotte Bronte.
The two met in 1850; Bronte died five years later.
- What was the interminable law case in Dickens’s Bleak House (1852-53)? The interminable law case in Dickens's Bleak House was Jarndyce v. Jarndyce, a case stemming from a dispute about distribution of an estate.
- What colors make up a rainbow? The colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet make up a rainbow.
- Who did Jo March marry in Little Women (1868-69)? Jo March married an elderly German professor named Mr. Bhaer in Little Women.
- What are the books of The Chronicles of Narnia? The series of seven children's books by C. S. Lewis started in 1950 with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and continued with Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The…
- What was Hiawatha’s tribe? The hero of Longfellow's Song of Hiawatha (1855) belonged to the Mohawk tribe, one of the Five Nations of the Iroquois.
- Who was Jeeves’s boss? Jeeves's boss was Bertie Wooster, a young man-about-town in P. G. Wodehouse's stories beginning with My Man Jeeves (1919). Jeeves was his valet.